Easy Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 3/4 cups flour
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Add egg and vanilla.
3. Mix all dry ingredients and add slowly to butter cream mixture until dough just comes together. Refrigerate for one hour, if possible.
4. Roll out on very lightly floured board or on Silpat to desired thickness.
5. Cut out with cookie cutters and bake at 400F for 7 or just until edges become golden. Wait one minute so cookies firm, and then transfer immediately to wire cooling racks.
Tip: Brush with egg whites and sprinkle with decorators sugar, if desired.